Welcome to the 3D Club League 2017!
This year the club league will allow our athletes to compete on the national stage by taking part in the Triathlon Ireland National Series whilst competing in our 3D club league.
Both will follow roughly the same format in that four events will count, with a requirement to complete in at least one Sprint and one Olympic distance.
A few distinctions between the Club League and the National Series:
- 3D Club league will attract bonus points (10 points) for those competing in a distance for the first time.
- Bonus points (five points) will be awarded for a number of specific events listed below.
- A number of additional events have been added to the Club League not listed on the National Series.
Full details below and attached including a handy list of all National Series Events which you might like to printout for reference.
Have a great year, most importantly enjoy and encourage each other along the way.
3D Triathlon Club League - Rules
This will follow the format of the National Series & National Club Series.
4 Events Counting with a minimum of 1 Sprint & 1 Olympic Distance.
Scoring per race will be worked out as follows:
- 10 points if first time participating in a race at that distance
- 30 pts for first home in AG
- 25 pts for second home in AG
- 20 pts for third home in AG
- 15 pts for fourth home in AG
- 10 pts for all other finishers
5 Bonus points will be awarded for all finishers in the following T.I. National Series Events:
- Hell of the West, Clare (Oly)
- Two Provinces, Longford (Sprint)
- Caroline Kearney, Westmeath (Oly)
- Dublin City Tri (Oly)
- Pulse Port Beach, Louth (Sprint)
- The Lost Sheep, Kerry (Middle)
*highlighted in orange on the spreadsheet
Prizes will be awarded for the following:
- Overall Winner
- Best male (outside of the top three)
- Best female (outside of the top three)
It is the responsibility of each participant to submit their
results to Peter McGoey within 5 days of their race.
No late submissions will be accepted.
Email address for all queries and race results:
Peter will share a google doc for all to view on this page.
This information will be password protected, you should have received your password to access certain areas of the website recently.
Additional Events Added to the T.I. National Series list:
- Portlaoise Try-a-Tri - 8th April
- Portlaoise Sprint - 8th April
- Tri Athy - Sprint - 3rd June
- Tri Athy - Olympic - 3rd June
- Tri Athy - Double Olympic - 3rd June
- Harbourman - Olympic - 9th July
- Dublin IM 70.3 -20th August